since 1863, the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce has been a leading advocate and champion for business. We are a not-for-profit coalition of approximately 1,000 businesses from the Great Lakes Bay Region.
A catalyst for change, the Chamber builds strong partnerships by focusing its members and resources on local, regional and statewide priorities that make the Saginaw Valley a great place to live and work.
Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce
Standards for Excellence - A Statement of Principles
Members of the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce believe in the rights and privileges afforded us in the American free enterprise system. While the system validates our right to function as free business owners, we recognize our responsibility to customers, citizens of Saginaw County and the community.
As business and professional leaders in Saginaw County, unified under the mission and vision of the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce, we hold the belief that all members should:
- Focus on customer loyalty by providing products and/or services that are of quality, affordable and made available in a timely manner.
- Protect responsible business practices, be open to criticism and agree to resolve differences in a fair and open manner.
- Respect supplier/partner trust. In an era of virtual corporations, partnerships and extended enterprises, no company is self-sufficient. Successful collaborations are built on trustworthiness.
- Commit to honest and honorable competition and value the challenge of providing products and/or services to our customers in a competitive environment.
- Take personal pride in our work. As business and professional leaders, we take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to continually improve our relationship with customers and the community.
- Create a positive work environment, which allows all people, regardless of race, color, creed or national origin the opportunity to attain their human potential.
- Value employees by developing an open, creative and ethical work environment.
- Encourage each employee to accept a degree of personal responsibility for the proper function of the organization.
- Instill the principles of financial integrity by following responsible and honest business practices, as it relates to customers and stockholders or investors.
- Recognize that it is intrinsically good to do the right thing and be ethical.
The foundation of the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce is built on these ethical principles. It's time to restore the confidence and vitality in our economy and get America moving forward again!
The Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce takes the leadership role in developing programs that initiate and implement economic development, quality of life, education, public sector, core city redevelopment, and crime prevention strategies, the Chamber also offers a large number of value-added benefits and programs that help members make money and save money.
The following are just a few examples of the Chamber’s activities:
- Saginaw Future Inc.
- Saginaw Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Saginaw County Business and Education Partnership
- Leadership Saginaw County
- Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance
- South Washington Avenue Corridor Project
- Saginaw County Crime Prevention Council
- Community Project Delphi
- Saginaw Valley African American Leadership Training Institute
- Saginaw Valley Young Professionals Network
- I-675 Interchange
- Saginaw River Dredging
- University of Michigan Dioxin Exposure Study
- Project Delphi
- Crime Prevention Council
- Helped Shape a Single Business Tax (SBT) Replacement Plan
- Opposed Environmental Services Fee Increase
- Higher Education Funding
- Percolator Breakfast (Perc)
- Business After Hours
- Sales Leads Roundtable
- Chairman's Ball
- Annual Business Meeting
- Annual Leadership Awards Luncheon
- Special Networking Seminars and Events
- Chamber Committees, Task Forces, Board, Volunteers
- Percolator Breakfast Speakers
- Leadership Saginaw County
- Leading Business Resource Blog
- Member Benefit Breakfast