The 34th annual St. Mary’s of Michigan run/walk has a new name, a new look and new features. The St. Mary’s Bee Healthy For Life offers family friendly enhancements and exciting new features to encourage participants to start or continue life-long healthy habits.
The Saginaw Riverwalk will be buzzing with activity on Saturday, June 23 when we feature our 10K & 5K run and a 5K walk.
NEW features this year include:
• A reduced family registration rate to encourage families to walk, run and train together.
• Finisher medals. Each participant receives a marathon-quality medal just for crossing the finish line.
• Family Fun after the Race. Participants can enjoy buy one, get one free admission to the Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum and Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square. Plus free admission to the Castle Museum and a day pass for the Saginaw YMCA.
In-person pre-registration events are taking place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on:
• Tuesday, June 5 at The Saginaw News hub, located at 100 S. Michigan Ave.
• Monday, June 18 at the new Catholic Federal Credit Union located at 1002 S. Washington Ave.
Both pre-registration events will offer free healthy lunch, registration discounts and prizes.
Proceeds from the 2012 run/walk will benefit the St. Mary’s of Michigan Foundation which supports the evolving needs of the hospital and its patients, needs that may otherwise go unmet.
There is a strong need for health and wellness in the Saginaw community. Running and even walking has a foothold on many health benefits.Together we have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our Great Lakes Bay Region residents.
Registration is also available online at www.stmarysofmichigan.org.
For more information, please contact race coordinator Tammy Weighman at (989) 907-8223.